This page covers everything that is part of Phase III, i.e., the data reduction, analysis and publication. It provides, among other things, information about Gemini data, how to get them, how to reduce them and how to acknowledge them in your publications. It also offers various ways to get support from Gemini with data reduction, and to send feedbacks to Gemini on your experience as PI.
- 1.1 How can you know you've got data? The New Data Notification is a nightly email notification of new data sent to program's PIs.
- 1.2 What guarantees the data you received meet your expectations? A Quality Assessment is performed every day on new data following strict criteria.
- 1.3 How can you get the data (from your program or from the archive)? The Gemini Observatory Archive is the primary conduit to download Gemini data.
- 2.1 You need the Gemini Data Processing Software? Download it and learn how to install it.
- 2.2 You need to know how to Get Started? Read how to use the software on Gemini instrument's data.
- 3.1 You have a question? Start with our FAQ.
- 3.2 You are running into an issue? Please check the Known Scisoft Issues and the Known Problems with the Gemini IRAF package.
3.3 You may find useful info in past Data Workshops that include data reduction tutorials.
Data Reduction User Forum: User-supported location for trading ideas, scripts and best practices, and taking part in user-driven public discussions of data reduction processes and strategies.
US NGO data reduction portal: Discussion of and links to data reduction procedures for all current Gemini instruments.
- 4.1 Please Acknowledge Gemini in your publications using appropriate text, including when using archival data.
- 4.2 Glimpse at the Gemini Publications by Gemini users and staff.
- 5.1 Summary and results from the Semesterly Short Surveys.
- 5.2 Send us your feedbacks on our long form (NOT AVAILABLE YET). Note that Gemini requires that all PV and classical PIs provide feedback in order to monitor data quality and observatory performance.
You still have a question after going through the information available on those sections? All queries regarding Gemini data should be made through the Gemini HelpDesk.